1) Cooking substitute to vegetable or olive oil
While coconut oil is commonly used in cooking as a substitute to vegetable oil or even olive oil, its haunting, nutty flavor with a touch of sweetness lends itself best to be used in baked goods, pastries, and even popcorn.
2) Rub on your skin to moisturize your skin naturally
In addition, its unique high concentration of saturated fat has made it one of the most highly sought after organic oils for moisturizing your skin. A recent study by the Journal of Cosmetic Science noticed that coconut oil reduced the protein loss in hair. Many exfoliating scrubs are made with coconut oils combined with coconut sugars.
3) Eat it and get more energy without the caffeine side effects
Coconut oil contains fatty acids called medium-chain triglycerides, which are immediately coverted into energy. Its unique compound actually promotes healthy metabolism, increases your stamina, and gives you energy like caffeine without the side effects. You can basically take a couple teaspoons a day and eat it raw.
Five reasons you should eat one teaspoon of coconut oil every day
1) Healthy alternative to caffeine without the side effects.
2) Fights aging and keeps you feeling and looking youthful
3) Helps boast cognitive functioning and memory recall
4) Special fats help you burn more fat so you have more energy
5) Has a delicious nutty flavor with a touch of sweetness
Labels: Cooking, Daily Inspiration