Default Calendar Alert Times
Every time I set up a calendar invite in my iPhone, it doesn't alert me minutes or hours before the event. What do I need to do to see the default calendar alert time to 15 minutes, thirty minutes, or one hour? It is such a pain in the butt to have to change each one of the calendar invites to notify me before an event.
My initial thought was that it would alert me before the event, otherwise what is the point of having it on my calendar? But, this isn't the case. Luckily there is a solution to this problem. Not only that, but it is a relatively easy solution to this problem.
1) Find the ‘Settings’ App (In this case, it looks like the top left icon)
2) Scroll down and look for ‘Mail, Contacts, Calendars’. Select that.
3) Scroll down to the ‘Calendars’ section and select ‘Default Alert Times’.
4) From here you can change the ‘Default Alert Times’ for ‘Birthdays’, ‘Events’, and ‘All-Day Events’.
5) If you select ‘Events’, they give you seven options for alert times. Including but not limited to 5 minutes, 30 minutes, an hour, or even two days before the event.
As a default I have it set to 15 minutes before an event. The majority of my “events” are more like reminders for me to do something and are more or less routines I’m trying to get myself into. Depending on your needs, you can adjust accordingly.
Labels: Programming + Technology Hacks