Top Marty Schwartz Trading Tips
Early in Martin's career, he was fundamental analyst. He used a company's balance sheet and income statement to forecast earnings. But, eventually he made his wealth using mostly technical analysis.
Marty's Top Trading Tips
1. Use Stops. Control your risks.
2. Let profits run.
3. Be honest with yourself. Choose a methodology that fits you.
4. Don't get too cocky.
5. When investing, use dollar cost averaging.
6. Have the discipline of regular adding capital to your portfolio.
7. Be willing to admit you were wrong about a stock & weed it out.
8. Winning is more important than ego.
9. Don't trade during period of family stress.
10. Money management is crucial.
11. Scale into positions after doing your homework.
12. Money makes things easier, but it doesn't solve life's problems.
13. Have a long-term objective and a plan to reach it.